EXPEDIRE EXPORT ACADEMY: UK’s Food Industry
Trends, Developments & Brexit Update
A population of 66 million and a total GDP of 2,800 billion USD not only make the UK the second strongest economy in Europe but also a high-potential market for export-oriented companies.
1 | UK’s food industry
- Overall UK market
- Structure of UK grocery sector and key developments
- Key leading retailers and their market shares
- Consumer trends driving innovation and buying habits
- Specialist channels – speciality/health/organic/online
- Brands vs private label approach
- Different areas of opportunity and how to access routes to market
2 | BREXIT-Update by Christian Kesberg, AC London
3 | Q&A session
Simon Waring | Managing Director greenseed UK
MA Hons Modern Languages, Oxford University. Postgrad CIM Diploma Marketing, London City Business School.
- Simon founded Green Seed UK in 2009 and has 25 years of food industry and marketing experience. Before establishing Green Seed he was International Managing Director of Food from Britain during which time he personally supported 100+ SME and large companies in strategy, marketing and business development in the UK, Europe and Asia. Previous roles included Director General of British Food Export Counciland Head of Marketing for Mintel International Group.
- Extensive food industry network in the UK market and experience in brand preparation and introductions in the UK and other markets, Simon will take the lead role in delivering the webinar programme
- Green Seed UK’s team comprises a mix of consultants and national account managers with proven experience in developing business in the food and drink sector in retail, B2B and foodservice
EXPEDIRE Export Academy
The EXPEDIRE Export Academy aims to provide those who are new to the area of “export” and those who need a refresher in various export topics with high-quality in-class courses and webinars. The webinar series consists of nine free webinars and offers the opportunity to deepen your export business know-how. Save time and attend the webinar from anywhere! The webinar language will be English! The level of English proficiency should be at least B2.
EXPEDIRE is co-funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund) under the Coooperation Programme Interreg V-A Slovenia-Austria.