Settle in new markets abroad
The ICS Internationalisation Centre Styria annually offers a new programme titled “in FOCUS” that sheds light on certain target markets. In the course of these programmes, Styrian businesses which are interested in entering or expanding in these regions are provided support for the duration of three years.
Current focus programmes:
After the USA was the focus country in 2017, the ICS sheds light on Mexico together with Chile, Peru and Columbia. The central topic rotates around the question What do cities need, with the aim of putting Styrian expertise into practice.
In 2019 the ICS put a special focus on the UK & Brexit. The aim is to support Styrian companies in dealing with all questions related to Brexit and their activities in the UK.
Countries with ongoing support
Countries in the "phasing-out" phase
Seize your chance for particularly promising export markets
The ICS supports Styrian companies in market entry and market expansion, evaluation of business opportunities and in searching for a suitable cooperation partner. The aim of these focus programmes is to make better use of the opportunities in highly promising export markets, as certain companies, especially SMEs, struggle with entering those. When it comes to the specific markets of choice, we respond to the needs of Styrian companies and clusters/networks. We take the current opportunities for Styria, special interests and strong purchasing power in the target country into account as well. We annually offer a new country focussed programme for the duration of three years. After the USA in 2018, Mexico together with Columbia, Peru and Chile became the new focus countries for the Styrian trade mission to Mexico City and Bogotá in 2018.
- educational events on market potentials, developing trends and promising sectors on export markets
- informal talks and keynote presentations on political as well as economic trends
- seminars on tax and legal frameworks, transport and logistics, insurance and protection of intellectual protection assets as well as intercultural coaching
- help with the first steps on the export journey by attending fairs and building up networks
- advice and inquiry service
- organising Styrian trade delegations in specific target countries
- guidance and connection of incoming delegations