Settle in new markets abroad
The ICS Internationalisation Centre Styria annually offers a new programme titled “in FOCUS” that sheds light on specific target markets.
In the course of these programmes, Styrian businesses which are interested in entering or expanding in these regions are provided support for the duration of two-three years.
After Iran was the focus country in 2016, markets overseas like the USA have been stepping into the spotlight since last year. In 2018, the ICS sheds light on Mexico together with Chile, Peru and Colombia.
Countries “in FOCUS”:
The ICS supports Styrian companies in market entry and market expansion, the evaluation of business opportunities and in searching for suitable cooperation partners. The aim of these focus programmes is to make better use of the opportunities in highly promising export markets, as certain companies, especially SMEs, struggle with entering those.
When it comes to the choice the specific markets, we respond to the needs of Styrian companies and clusters/networks. We take into account the current opportunities for Styria as well as special interests and strong purchasing power in the target country. We annually offer a new country focused programme for the duration of two-three years. Following the USA, Mexico together with Colombia, Peru and Chile became the new focus countries in 2018.
- educational events on market potentials, developing trends and promising sectors on export markets
- informal talks and keynote presentations on political as well as economic trends
- seminars on tax and legal frameworks, transport and logistics, insurance and protection of intellectual protection assets as well as intercultural coachings
- help with the first steps on the export journey by attending fairs and building up networks
- advice and inquiry service
- organising Styrian trade delegations to specific target countries
- guidance and connection of incoming delegations